Saturday, October 22, 2011

Writing this post is just another way of procrastinating

So it's four o'clock on a Saturday afternoon and, so far, I have avoided doing any homework at all. Actually, I've avoided doing a blessed thing worth mentioning. Except checking Facebook every hour, even though there's nothing new on there, because, y'know. Facebook.

This is Not A Good Thing. I have a new major paper to be working on, for one thing, and about half a dozen different ideas for what I could do with it, and it is time to decide and come up with a thesis statement and find an external source (WOO! I feel like a big wheel finding my own source. Haha.). Not to mention that I need to pay some attention to calculus sometime before that exam on Monday.

Also, National Novel Writing Month starts in 9 days. I don't have an outline ready, of course. (Uh-oh.) I think I've had a complete, detailed outline maybe 1 out of the 4 years I've done it? Tellingly, I  never produce anything that's a) finished and b) worthy of being read. By humans, anyways. Some of it might be okay for goldfish, or hamsters. I don't know.

So. Now it's almost 4:30 and I'm going to go get on all of that. After I check Facebook one more time.